Effortlessly prepare this delightful homemade ice cream by using only four simple ingredients: pure vanilla extract, milk, heavy whipping cream, and sugar. With its distinct American or Philadelphia-style preparation, this delightful frozen treat boasts a more pronounced and vibrant vanilla flavor that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Indulge in the creamy goodness of this easy-to-make ice cream and savor the richness of its flavors.
Crafting homemade ice cream is incredibly easy. All you need are a few basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. This delightful vanilla ice cream recipe will quickly become a staple in your culinary repertoire, perfect for any occasion. Enjoy the simplicity of preparing and savor the delicious taste of your very own homemade ice cream.
How to Make Vanilla Ice Cream
In the recipe below, you will discover a detailed ingredient list and step-by-step instructions. However, let us first review the fundamental aspects:
For this homemade vanilla ice cream, you’ll need 2 ¼ cups of milk to form the base. Followed by a cup of luscious heavy whipping cream to enrich the texture. To add sweetness, incorporate white sugar into the mix. Finally, elevate the flavor with two teaspoons of delightful vanilla extract.
How to Make Homemade Ice Cream
Curious about crafting homemade ice cream? Look no further. Let’s take a quick peek into the delightful world of making your very own vanilla ice cream:
- The milk, cream, and sugar should be cooked together until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- After that, transfer the mixture to a measuring cup and then add the vanilla extract. Let it chill overnight.
- The mixture should be poured into an ice cream maker. Follow the directions provided by the manufacturer to churn it.
- You can choose to serve it immediately or allow it to ripen in the freezer before serving.
How Long Does Ice Cream Last?
When it comes to homemade ice cream, its shelf life is typically shorter compared to store-bought varieties. To ensure the freshness and deliciousness of your vanilla ice cream, storing it in an airtight container is essential. Consider using options like a recycled ice cream container or a zip-top freezer bag. For the ultimate taste experience, it is recommended to savor your ice cream within a few weeks from the time of its preparation.
More Dessert Recipes You’ll Love
- Peach Cobbler Pound Cake
- Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix
- Peach Fritters Recipe
- Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
- Homemade German Chocolate Cake
- Best Carrot Cake Recipe – Easy to Make!
- Flourless Almond Cake with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
How to Make Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a saucepan placed over low heat, carefully combine milk, cream, and sugar, stirring until the sugar dissolves completely. Gently heat the mixture until it becomes hot and a subtle halo of foam forms around the edges.
- The cream mixture should be carefully transferred into a container that can be easily poured, like a large measuring cup. Stir in the vanilla extract and ensure that the mixture is thoroughly chilled for at least two hours. Overnight chilling yields the best results.
- To make ice cream, begin by pouring the cold ice cream mix into an ice cream maker. Then, switch on the machine and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Allow the mixture to churn for approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once the ice cream reaches a soft frozen consistency, it can be served immediately or allowed to ripen in the freezer by covering it directly with plastic wrap. This ripening process usually takes around 2 to 3 hours.