Bright, fresh Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp may just be the quickest main dish you can whip up for dinner tonight. All it takes is some fresh lemon juice, parsley, and garlic, and your succulent shrimp will be cooked to perfection in under 10 minutes. This delightful seafood dish pairs wonderfully on its own or atop a bed of pasta, rice, or any other savory grain.
Lemony Garlic Butter Shrimp is not only a fast and delicious dish, but it also effortlessly adds an element of beauty to any meal. Its ease makes it suitable for weeknight dinners, while its stunning presentation elevates it as the perfect choice to impress guests. This versatile recipe holds the potential to steal the spotlight in numerous weeknight meals.
Ingredients for Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- Shrimp – For a time-saving option, make sure to get pre-peeled and deveined shrimp. Having frozen shrimp on hand is convenient for meals like this. Simply defrost the frozen shrimp by soaking it in warm water.
- Garlic lovers can freely add more than what the recipe suggests. By adding garlic to the pan along with the shrimp, it imparts a delicious flavor to the dish as they cook together.
- In our pantry, we usually have a sweeter variety of paprika labeled as “paprika.” However, there is another type called smoked paprika that offers a smokier and less sweet flavor. It brings a delightful Spanish-inspired taste to dishes. But don’t worry if you don’t have it; any kind of paprika will work just fine for this recipe. No need to rush out and buy it specifically.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil enhances the dish with its rich texture and delightful flavor. Before cooking, toss it together with garlic and smoked paprika, infusing the shrimp with a rapid marinade.
- In recipes, I prefer using Kosher salt. If you’re using table salt instead, remember to reduce the amount by half. Also, if you’re using salted butter for this particular recipe, decrease the salt quantity by half as well. Keep in mind that you can always taste the shrimp and sauce towards the end of cooking and adjust the seasoning according to your preference.
- Unsalted butter, chopped parsley, and lemon juice are essential additions to the dish during the final stages of cooking. Their inclusion guarantees that they maintain their fresh flavors. It is highly recommended not to overlook the use of fresh parsley and lemon juice as they contribute significantly to enhancing the taste of this delectable dish, giving it a vibrant and restaurant-quality flavor.
How to Make Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- To marinate the shrimp, combine olive oil, garlic, paprika, and salt with the shrimp. This step should be done before preparing the other ingredients. Place the shrimp in the refrigerator to let it absorb the flavors as a quick marinade. The shrimp will start to develop a rich taste even before cooking.
- Fresh ingredients are essential for this recipe. Start by preparing them. Melt some butter and combine it with parsley and lemon juice. Make sure to have these ingredients ready because once you begin cooking, the dish will be done quickly.
- The shrimp should be seared. Place the shrimp, along with its marinade, into a skillet or wok. Allow it to cook undisturbed on one side until it turns a golden brown color for approximately
- Flipping the shrimp over and adding fresh ingredients is essential. Make sure to add butter, parsley, and lemon juice for extra flavor.
- The shrimp should be cooked until it is finished. Stir occasionally while cooking, which usually takes just a minute or two, depending on the size of the shrimp. Once they turn opaque, you can consider them done!
What to Serve with Shrimp
When preparing this simple meal for weeknights, it is delightful to accompany it with a serving of green vegetables. Additionally, it pairs well over pasta or grains.
Serve shrimp with:
- Rice serves as a versatile foundation to enhance the flavors of shrimp dishes. Whether it’s steamed white rice, fluffy jasmine rice, or fragrant coconut rice, the various options provide an ideal accompaniment.
- Salad can be a great accompaniment to balance the richness of shrimp. Options like garden salad, Caesar salad, or shrimp avocado salad offer a light and refreshing choice.
- Pasta becomes even more delightful when paired with shrimp. Whether it’s shrimp scampi, shrimp Alfredo, or shrimp linguine, the combination of flavors is simply exquisite.
- Grilled vegetables are a delicious and nutritious addition to any shrimp entree. Some options for grilling include asparagus, zucchini, bell peppers, and corn. These flavorful sides complement the main dish perfectly.
- Garlic bread, a warm and buttery delight, perfectly complements shrimp dishes by savoring their flavors and enhancing the overall dining experience.
- Stir-Fried Vegetables can be a delightful addition to your meal. This colorful and nutritious side dish features a medley of stir-fried vegetables, including broccoli, carrots, and snow peas. It perfectly complements
- Sautéed Spinach or Greens, Adding lightly sautéed spinach or other leafy greens to shrimp dishes not only enhances the flavor but also provides a nutritious and tasty component.
When it comes to selecting side dishes, the choice ultimately relies on personal preferences and the flavors of the shrimp dish being served. Don’t hesitate to explore and create a remarkable, harmonious meal by pairing your favorite accompaniments with the shrimp.
More Shrimp Recipes :
- Cajun Shrimp Loaded Baked Potato Recipe
- Cajun Shrimp Salad – Quik & Easy
- Shrimp Scampi Pasta Recipe – Easy to Make
- Honey Garlic Shrimp Recipe – Sweet and Savory
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika sub regular paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley flat or curly leaf
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In the mixing bowl, the shrimp is combined with olive oil, garlic, paprika, and salt. This ensures that each shrimp is evenly coated.
- Next, in a small bowl that is separate from the others, gently combine the melted butter, fresh parsley, and zesty lemon juice. Make sure to stir them together well.
- The cook should heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. It is important to ensure that the skillet or wok is of sufficient size to accommodate
- The heated skillet is prepared by pouring the shrimp, along with the olive oil. Spread the shrimp out to form a single layer and let them cook undisturbed on one side until they turn lightly browned, which usually takes approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- With a spatula, gently turn the shrimp over. Next, drizzle the mixture of butter, parsley, and lemon juice onto the shrimp and let it simmer for approximately one minute.
- The ingredients should be thoroughly stirred together. Then, continue cooking until the shrimp are fully cooked, which usually takes 1 to 2 more minutes depending on their size.
- The shrimp dish is now prepared to be savored, bursting with delectable flavors that will surely delight your taste buds