Easy Slow Cooker Beef Tips offer a delectable and indulgent taste experience. This effortless recipe grants you the pleasure of serving a fork-tender comfort food that requires minimal preparation. Plus, it allows you to multitask and attend to other matters while it cooks to perfection.
Enhance your meal plan by incorporating an additional beef-style recipe. Consider trying out either my delectable Slow Cooker Steak, Potatoes, and Corn dish or my savory Crockpot Steak Bites Recipe.
What are beef tips and gravy?
Once the larger and more tender cuts of meat have been broken down, what remains are commonly referred to as beef tips. These flavorful morsels can come from either the top sirloin or tenderloin top, depending on your preference. Essentially, they are the scraps from those specific sections. Another option is to either carve up a roast or purchase pre-cut beef stew chunks.
Beef tips in gravy are commonly prepared using ingredients like brown gravy mix, beef broth, onion soup mix, or mushroom soup, among others. This culinary combination offers a versatile meal option that can be enjoyed in various ways. Slow-cooked in a crock pot, these beef tips are certain to become a beloved dish for the whole family to relish!
Slow Cooker Beef Tips Ingredients
- This beef stew meat is perfect for slow cooking, resulting in a tender and flavorful dish.
- The Brown Gravy Mix serves as the foundational component for preparing a delectable gravy.
- Spices such as dried onion, garlic, salt, and pepper are commonly used for seasoning.
- In the cooking process, beef stock plays a vital role. It is combined with the brown gravy mix, Worcestershire sauce, and cornstarch to create a rich and thick gravy. Alternatively, a low sodium beef broth can be used as well.
- The beef tips are browned using butter.
How to Make Slow Cooker Beef Tips
In the initial step, the beef tips are to be browned in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat using butter.
In the second step of the process, ensure that the beef tips are evenly browned by flipping them.
Step Three: In a generously sized mixing bowl, combine the beef stock, minced garlic, cornstarch, packet of brown gravy, finely chopped onion, and Worcestershire sauce. Use a whisk to thoroughly blend all the ingredients together.
In the fourth step of the recipe, the beef tips are added to the slow cooker and seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Step Five: Pour over gravy mixture.
Step Six: Allow the dish to cook on LOW heat for a duration of 5-6 hours or until the beef reaches a tender consistency that can be easily pierced using a fork. Afterwards, you can savor the delicious beef tips by following one of the suggestions provided below. Enjoy!
How to serve
- A classic and beloved way to enjoy the delectable combination of beef tips and savory gravy is by serving them atop a luscious bed of creamy mashed potatoes. To enhance the overall sophistication, you can consider adding a hint of fresh parsley or the delicate earthy flavor of sliced mushrooms as a garnish.
- One delicious way to serve this delightful dish is by accompanying it with a bed of egg noodles. If your family prefers white rice, that’s another hearty option to consider.
- These simple and delicious beef tips can be effortlessly cooked in a crockpot. They pair well with a variety of vegetables, such as diced onions, carrots, and broccoli.
More Beef Recipes You’ll Love
Slow Cooker Beef Tips
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 lbs. stew beef I used top round cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2.5 cups beef stock
- 2 cloves garlic Minced
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- .87 oz. package brown gravy
- 2 Tbsp. dried minced onion
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- The beef should be seasoned with a generous amount of salt and pepper before being set aside.
- The cast iron skillet is heated over high heat until it starts smoking lightly. Then, the butter is added along with the stew beef. The beef is then browned on all sides, without fully cooking it through, just focusing on browning the outside. This process typically takes around 3 minutes.
- Incorporate the browned beef into the slow cooker pot. In a generously sized bowl, combine the beef stock, minced garlic, cornstarch, brown gravy packet, minced onion, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour this mixture over the beef and allow it to cook on low heat for 5-6 hours.
- The beef should be cooked until it becomes fork tender and the gravy has thickened.
- The dish can be served alongside mashed potatoes, rice, or tender egg noodles. It is a delightful combination that will surely please your taste buds.
- Are you a fan of mushrooms? If so, feel free to enhance your dish by incorporating a small can of mushrooms or adding 1-2 cups of fresh sliced mushrooms.
- Any unused beef tips from the crockpot should be placed in a container that can be sealed tightly. These leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a duration of up to 4 days.
- Various types of meat such as stew meat, beef chuck, round roast, or sirloin can be used deliciously in this recipe. It could be an interesting twist to experiment with venison as well.